Monday, February 20, 2012

Secret Warlock: Breaking the World


So we started the session chained to the top of a demon temple. Not exactly how I wanted to begin my day, but the good news is that when the sun set it would all be over. By over of course I mean we would be turned inside out to begin our 1,000 years of torture. Now as a winter fey I am a fan of torture. A good torture is a wonderful way to start the week. But I really like having my insides on the inside.

Your entrails will be your extrails
It can be fun to have a game with a countdown. Nothing motivates you like the certainty of having your insides become your outsides. We needed to find a way off the roof quickly. Of course I tried teleporting and there was some sort of arcane energy blocking us in. After poking around a bit the Psionicist found a catch in the arcane energy. She sent some focused thought at the catch and broke the world.

I’m not entirely sure what happened. All I know is that we faded to black and I woke up standing in a beautiful green field. My friends were all there, but they kept talking about the horrible things they were seeing like a pit full of Demons. Have you ever seen the first episode of Deep Space Nine? It was kind of like that. I had been having kind of a rough day so when a devil showed up and started threatening to eat us I said, “Why don’t you come over here and say that.” I was a little surprised when he did so I bugs bunny kissed him.

I spent the rest of the evening unleashing the fury of winter on the devils, while the rest of the party tried to figure a way out of the situation we were in. It turns out we were still locked on the top of the temple and the world we were in was some kind of arcane construct. I’m still not sure why I saw it as a green field, but it makes a good story.

I am not sure how we are going to escape, and I know we need to get back soon or we might have nothing but dead giants waiting for us, but I didn’t care. It was fun to just unleash the fury for an evening and let the rest of the group worry about the consequences. I’m sure I’ll be back to worrying about things soon. Until next time remember, don’t let your DM tell you no. It’s always, “Yes, and…?”

No comments:

Post a Comment